|Jakub Filo 4846ce60b7|
This is a xmpp puppeting bridge for matrix. It is based on mx-puppet-bridge and provide multi-user instances.
Quick start using Docker
To build docker image:
docker build -t mx-puppet-xmpp:latest .
For docker you probably want the following changes in
bindAddress: '0.0.0.0' filename: '/data/database.db' file: '/data/bridge.log'
Also check the config for other values, like your homeserver domain.
Install Instructions (from Source)
- Clone and install:
git clone https://github.com/Sorunome/mx-puppet-xmpp.git cd mx-puppet-xmpp npm install
- Edit the configuration file and generate the registration file:
cp sample.config.yaml config.yaml # fill info about your homeserver and xmpp app credentials to config.yaml manually npm run start -- -r # generate registration file or docker run -v </path/to/host>/data:/data -it mx-puppet-xmpp -r
- Copy the registration file to your synapse config directory.
- Add the registration file to the list under
app_service_config_files:in your synapse config.
- Restart synapse.
- Start the bridge:
npm run start
- Start a direct chat with the bot user (
@_xmpppuppet_bot:domain.tldunless you changed the config). (Give it some time after the invite, it'll join after a minute maybe.)
- Get your Xmpp username and password as below, and tell the bot user to link your xmpp account:
link <username> <password>
- Tell the bot user to list the available rooms: (also see
Clicking rooms in the list will result in you receiving an invite to the bridged room.
- text messages (mx -> xmpp)
- text messages (xmpp -> mx)
- fix "Replaced by new connection"